Thursday, February 23, 2017

Civil War 2 Variant Covers - Part 2






These comprise the remaining 4 variant covers I drew for Marvel for their Civil War 2 crossover event.  Again, they loosely follow a "boxing poster" theme, with issues 5 and 7 being slightly different in concept.  The cover for issue 5 was inspired by propaganda posters from the 40's and 50's in keeping with the issue's themes of alienation and identity.  

I think the final issue, Issue 8 had my favourite cover of the batch, as I wanted to go out with a bang and go all out on the boxing angle.

These were all drawn in a mix of traditional and digital mediums.

2 comments:

TishTini (TISH) said...

Hi Michael!

Will you be doing commissions at WonderCon? If so what is the process of setting up with you? Pardon my I'm a bit naive to obtaining commissioned work. I was hoping I could get something for my friend for their birthday as they were unable to setup with you at Emerald City earlier this month. I will only be at WonderCon one day (Saturday) as I'll be traveling from out of state. Entirely understand if you do not have the bandwidth to commission something.

Cheers!
Tish

Raul Hernandez said...

I can't believe this is professional work. You seem to have a hard time drawing heads in proportion to the body. In the Captain Marvel Iron Man poster it looks like a headless Iron Man suit with Tony Stark standing behind it poking his head up.