Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Thor is Pretty Metal


This one was a fun one. It's actually a collaboration between Andy B (as in Andy Belanger of Kill Shakespeare comic fame). We've wanted to work on a jam piece for a while now, and Thor was a good pick as subject. Andy knocked out an incredibly detailed and kick-ass drawing (see below) which, since this was to be a colaboration, he graciously let me do whatever I wanted to. I changed up the background and lighting and re-cropped for effect before painting. The final art was painted in gouache and ink and it's another piece I'll be taking with me to Fan Expo.

I want to thank Andy B for doing such a bang up job on the drawing, and for being such a fun guy to work with. I should also add that to get in the mood of working with Andy, I listened to a lot of metal while painting this one.